Help from anyone at the PDX exchange?

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

jmatthew

Help from anyone at the PDX exchange?

#1 Post by jmatthew » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:04 pm

During the Saturday late night a gentleman from Chicago played the middle set, I was wondering if he posts here or if any of ya'all have contact information for him?

Towards the end of his set he played this really cool (grrr...brain fart, can't think of the word, like...gospel, but not gospel, like a traditional old-school gospel sort of thing) song and myself and some of my friends are kind of dieing to know what it is, but we forgot to ask. :(
I'm not an obsessive personality. I just happen to pick hobbies that seem to consume my life.

www.lindyguy.com

kbuxton

#2 Post by kbuxton » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:18 pm

Not sure if he's on here or not, but his name is Riley Wimes, and through the beauty of google I just found a webpage

djstarr

Re: Help from anyone at the PDX exchange?

#3 Post by djstarr » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:55 am

jmatthew wrote:Towards the end of his set he played this really cool (grrr...brain fart, can't think of the word, like...gospel, but not gospel, like a traditional old-school gospel sort of thing) song and myself and some of my friends are kind of dieing to know what it is, but we forgot to ask. :(
I remember he played "Sermonette" - that was the most gospel-type song I remember. He also played a really good fog-steamer which I was too wrapped up into dancing to remember any of the lyrics -- it was a hard grinding slow blues.