Neo Swing in your binder?

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

swinginstyle

#31 Post by swinginstyle » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:55 pm

kitkat wrote:
Soma-Guy wrote:AH HA! I KNEW IT! I knew there was a secret organization of dancers out there practicing East Coast behind locked doors! A sort of swing dance based organization very much akin to the Stone Cutters. I've heard about you fiends breaking down every retro move from clips like, "Swingers."
You mean Kansas City?
Yeah, kitkat has it right. KC tends to consistently manage being 5-7 years behind the rest of the country. We've been languishing in the closets for years doing our ECS stylings. Hopefully, we'll be breaking free sometime soon. Neo-swing is our friend over here. Or, since we're using the closet analogy . . . our lover?
Don't take swing underground!!

Yakov

#32 Post by Yakov » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Nine years later, I wonder what has changed / stayed the same since the last time we had this discussion. I'm DJing a dance in Miami that attracts a lot of beginners and I'm looking for swing music that sounds clear on the speakers and will reach out to people... I play plenty of "the real stuff" but I'm mixing in some of my old neo CDs. It's really a walk down memory lane to go through and tag these songs.

dogpossum

#33 Post by dogpossum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 am

I still don't play neo. :D

kitkat

#34 Post by kitkat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 pm

What's a binder?