Listen My Children and You Shall Hear- help!

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Lindy Bomb

Listen My Children and You Shall Hear- help!

#1 Post by Lindy Bomb » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:08 pm

Ok, so before I cancelled my emusic account I downloaded the two disc Basie set, Listen My Children and You Shall Hear.

As I was copying the files to cd for storage I listened through the album and noticed some discrepencies between the titles and the songs I heard. The songs are listed in the same order as they are on the list on allmusic. However, some of the songs I hear do not match the titles of the files. I was wondering if anyone owns this set and if they have the same problem with the cds or not (meaning it's a problem with emusic.com).

Also, if you do own the set and/or have the correct track titles, would you mind sharing them with me? I have a good deal of the songs on other cds, but not all of them...so I don't want to label anything incorrectly. Thanks.

Greg Avakian

#2 Post by Greg Avakian » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:45 pm

From listening to the music (although it DOES sound like a Cd worth ordering), I'd say you need to take out one of the "Good morning Blues" and put it at the end. I don't know which one, but you can figure it out by looking at the time of each version to see which one stays in place and which one moves...

Honeysuckle Rose 2:59
Pennies From Heaven 3:02
Swinging At The Daisy Chain 2:50
Roseland Shuffle 2:34
Exactly Like You 2:44
Roo Hoo 2:28
The Glory Of Love 2:33
Boogie Woogie (I May Be Wrong) 2:54
Smart (You Know It All) 2:43
One O' Clock Jump 3:02
Listen My Children And You Shall Hear 3:06
John's Idea 2:56
Good Morning Blues xxx
Our Love Was Meant To Be 2:59
Time Out 3:09
Topsy 2:48
I Keep Remembering 2:51
Out The Window 3:11
Don't You Miss Your Baby? 3:12
Let Me Dream 2:37
Georgianna 3:06
Blues In The Dark 2:58
Sent For You Yesterday 3:19
Every Tub
Good Morning Blues xxx

CafeSavoy

#3 Post by CafeSavoy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:29 pm

It seems like a sampling of the Decca set.

Lindy Bomb

#4 Post by Lindy Bomb » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:16 pm

That's not quite right, although it does work for most of the cd. It gets all screwy at the end of the first cd, and mixes the songs up more than just being offset by one. The second cd, however is completely messed up- the songs are all mixed up and I'm not familiar enough/own enough of them on other albums to figure it out on my own.