Pre-Order New Greg Poppleton & The Bakelite Broadcasters

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

phantom dancer

Pre-Order New Greg Poppleton & The Bakelite Broadcasters

#1 Post by phantom dancer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 am

Greg Poppleton & the Bakelite Broadcasters latest CD, 'Doin' The Charleston', can now be pre-ordered on Bandcamp:

http://gregpoppletonandhisbakelitebroad ... ndcamp.com

In a 4.5 hour swing DJ session for the Sydney Fringe Festival recently, I slipped in a few tracks from 'Doin' The Charleston' amongst live radio tracks by the great swing bands of the 1930s & 40s

To my great joy, the dance floor filled each time I put on a 'Doin' The Charleston' track

'Doin' The Charleston' features myself singing, with Paul Furniss (soprano, alto & tenor saxes, & clarinet) Al Davey (trumpet & trombone) Grahame Conlon (tenor banjo) Geoff Power (sousaphone) Rod Herbert (sousaphone) and Lawrie Thompson (drums). Yep, two sousaphones, but not playing together. I had a morning shift and an afternoon shift

'Doin' The Charleston' was recorded as live as possible in a five hour studio session. (And the next week I recorded a second Broadcasters' CD with a slightly different line-up. That will be released in the second half of 2013)

'Doin' The Charleston' is being pressed now. The CD will be launched at the Empire Cinema, Bowral, NSW, 1:30pm Sunday 28 October in an 80 minute 'Stage & Screen' show. The launch will be followed by the Gene Kelly flick, 'Singin' In The Rain'

The 'Doin' The Charleston' CD will be available on Bandcamp & CD Baby in November

I hope you like the music and enjoy dancing to it

PS - the artwork for 'Doin' The Charleston' is by Trevor Hutchison, who you may know as a swing dj and dancer on this forum

http://gregpoppletonandhisbakelitebroad ... ndcamp.com

Cheers
Greg Poppleton
The Phantom Dancer. Swing & dance from live 1920s-50s radio. Tuesdays, 107.3 2SER-FM Sydney & 2ser.com. Presented by Greg Poppleton since 1985!

phantom dancer

Doin' The Charleston now released

#2 Post by phantom dancer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:53 am

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered. 'Doin' The Charleston' is now released on Bandcamp http://gregpoppletonandhisbakelitebroad ... charleston
The Phantom Dancer. Swing & dance from live 1920s-50s radio. Tuesdays, 107.3 2SER-FM Sydney & 2ser.com. Presented by Greg Poppleton since 1985!

phantom dancer

Best Seller

#3 Post by phantom dancer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 am

This'll be my last post on this thread, but, thank you, you've put 'Doin' The Charleston' 13th on the Bandcamp best seller list as of 22 Oct

Cheers
Greg