Finding Communication

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

lipi

Finding Communication

#1 Post by lipi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:33 am

"Communication", seems to be only available on the 1947-51 Gaillard CC. Which is out of print. And not available in the U.S. on emusic. Sigh. Screw you, Bono!

On the off-chance allmusic is wrong: does anyone know of any other sources for this track?

Jonathon Neville

#2 Post by Jonathon Neville » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:55 am

Move to Canada - or visit me in Toronto. Then you can buy Communication from that album on emusic.
What does Bono have to do with it?

Toon Town Dave

#3 Post by Toon Town Dave » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:26 pm

It looks like there's a copy on jazz-on-line.com.

lipi

#4 Post by lipi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Jonathon Neville wrote:Move to Canada - or visit me in Toronto. Then you can buy Communication from that album on emusic.
What does Bono have to do with it?
The copyright extension act that makes this music harder to release in the U.S. than in the rest of the world is named for Sonny Bono (of Sonny & Cher fame). He was one of the original dozen or so sponsors of the act (well, of an eerily similar one; then he died; then this one got passed): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_ ... ension_Act

Anyway, thanks both! I'll consider the moving-to-Canada option. We haven't had snow in the SF Bay Area in a while.

jcunningham

#5 Post by jcunningham » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:44 am

The Amazon marketplace has some of the actual CDs. Most of them are priced at > $30. Every once in a while, someone gets on there and sells on for under $10...and that's when I snap them up :D