eMusic Europe changes to a monetary system from Nov 2010

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

chrisbe

#16 Post by chrisbe » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 am

New date. Now November 18

Gong-Oh

#17 Post by Gong-Oh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:13 pm

The changes have taken place, at least for eMusic USA. My account balance has just switched from 0 credits to $0.00.

I also randomly checked some of my past purchases: pretty much all of them cost $.49. It means that, thanks to the loyalty bonus, I should be able to download the same number of monthly tracks I used to get with the old credit system; one more benefit for buying old scratchy tunes most of the time. :)

Lorenzo

lipi

#18 Post by lipi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

More importantly, despite the claim that the deal-album would go away, it's still there: 20 49 cent tracks for 5.99 on the one I checked.

I may stick around, after all, then.

straycat

#19 Post by straycat » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 am

Well - the switch now seems to have gone ahead for me as well. They've simply taken my remaining credits for the month, multiplied by my effective price-per-track (£0.17 GBP), and given me that amount as my account balance. All good.

Less good is the discovery I can no longer re-download previously purchased tracks without paying again. I didn't spot that change in the announcements...

Oh well. I suppose that simply brings it into line with iTunes and others, and I hope not to need the facility, but I'm still a little unhappy with that one.

Gong-Oh

#20 Post by Gong-Oh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:19 am

Gong-Oh wrote: I also randomly checked some of my past purchases: pretty much all of them cost $.49. It means that, thanks to the loyalty bonus, I should be able to download the same number of monthly tracks I used to get with the old credit system; ...
I did the math more carefully and I realized that I actually loose a couple of downloads per months with respect to the old credit system, even when sticking only to $.49 downloads.

Also, you may want to know that any residual credit amount insufficient to purchase a minimum price song (i.e. < $.49 for the U.S.) rolls over to the next month balance.

anton

#21 Post by anton » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 am

Hmm, I don't see any new Universal Music tracks added here in Europe. No Complete Ella on Verve, etc. :(
Album Unavailable for Download

We’re sorry. This album is unavailable for download in your country (Sweden) at this time. Some albums are available in slightly different versions, as result of varying licensing agreements. Some albums are licensed in one country but not at all in another. That’s frustrating, we know, but we are continuously working to bring every title to members in all countries.