Dependable purveyors of good quality recordings.....

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Gong-Oh

#16 Post by Gong-Oh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:07 am

Capt Morgan wrote:FYI, pretty much all of the Chronological Classics are now available by Digital Download on AmazonMP3.
I think that only about half of the CC were available on Amazon MP3. Unfortunately, it looks like Amazon MP3 (at least in the U.S.) has followed eMusic discontinuing them all. :(

Lorenzo

Haydn

#17 Post by Haydn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:47 am

Gong-Oh wrote:
Capt Morgan wrote:FYI, pretty much all of the Chronological Classics are now available by Digital Download on AmazonMP3.
I think that only about half of the CC were available on Amazon MP3. Unfortunately, it looks like Amazon MP3 (at least in the U.S.) has followed eMusic discontinuing them all. :(

Lorenzo
I think either Chronogical Classics or the similar Complete Jazz series are still available on Amazon UK and/or eMusic UK, but with more and more music becoming available online, I find that most tracks from the Classics series are available online on other labels - and many of these must be available in the USA I would have thought?

Gong-Oh

#18 Post by Gong-Oh » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Haydn wrote: I think either Chronogical Classics or the similar Complete Jazz series are still available on Amazon UK and/or eMusic UK, but with more and more music becoming available online, I find that most tracks from the Classics series are available online on other labels - and many of these must be available in the USA I would have thought?
It depends on the artist. For example, I was planning on getting some of the CC for Wingy Manone. Well, too late. Now Amazon MP3 (USA) has only two albums by that artist and eMusic has even less. Therefore many of the tracks recorded by Manone were available only on the C. Classics.

Even if the complete recordings of a certain artist were available on other labels, it would still helpful to have access to source (the C Classics) where everything is well sorted without any overlaps.