Yacht Club Swing (version ID)

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Jonas

#16 Post by Jonas » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:25 am

subst wrote:
Jonas wrote:
JesseMiner wrote:FYI, this collection is available on eMusic.

Jesse
...but is unavailable to Europeans. (But thanks anyway Jesse!)
Jonas, here's the same version in another collection:
http://www.emusic.com/album/Thomas-Fats ... 61298.html

This album is available in Russia, so I think it's also available in Europe. :)
It sure is available in Sweden too, thanks Dmitry!

When comparing Memoir album clip through the link you provided with the Buddha album clip through the link Haydn provided, I do find that the sound on the Buddha album clip is fuller, brighter and clearer than on the slightly more muffled Memoir album clip, and I won't settle for anything less than the most fantastic transfer when I know that it's out there!

I downloaded the Memoir album version of "Yacht Club Swing" for 2.2 SEK/0.2 EUR/0.3 USD so that I can compare the full versions when I receive my Buddha album. I'll report back with a full review :)

Of course, this thing about how the sound "should" be is highly individual, so it'll be interesting to hear your takes on the issue.

Sometimes when browsing eMusic I'll find the same original recording on say ten different albums and won't settle until I have decided which one of the transfers sound the best. Too bad the Emusic search engine isn't really that good.

Sometimes I'll find a song that I already had in my collection, but that I felt wasn't that good a song, but when I hear a great transfer of the exact same recording, all of a sudden I love it and it's a floor filler!

/Jonas

trev

#17 Post by trev » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:00 am

Jonas wrote: Sometimes when browsing eMusic I'll find the same original recording on say ten different albums and won't settle until I have decided which one of the transfers sound the best. Too bad the Emusic search engine isn't really that good.
Ha, so I'm not the only one! :)
Jonas wrote: Sometimes I'll find a song that I already had in my collection, but that I felt wasn't that good a song, but when I hear a great transfer of the exact same recording, all of a sudden I love it and it's a floor filler!
Ha, so I'm not the only one! ;)