Wedding, First Song for Dancing?

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Toon Town Dave

#16 Post by Toon Town Dave » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:54 am

If you're looking for something with a little energy, might I suggest Cheek to Cheek off Eva Cassidy's Live at Blues Alley CD. Great version, lots of energy, dance/love theme, Lindy-able, Fox-trot/Quick-step-able, ECS-able. It's a little long, about 4 minutes after the intro but the tempo's not too bad.

Whatever is chosen, it should reflect the couple. Some friends of mine just got married this weekend. Their theme was vintage, swing/wartime era but they chose Lucky by Bif Naked and danced waltz the first song. Kind of traditional dance, modern music, love theme thing which really fits them well.

Soupbone

#17 Post by Soupbone » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:03 am

My honey said she wouldn't mind using "White Heat," because her dress covers her feet anyway. So, if we're doing bal, she can just bounce in place and no one can see her feet.

:lol:
Gary

Greg Avakian

#18 Post by Greg Avakian » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:24 am

I've been hired to DJ a number of "swing" weddings and the most common choice is "L-O-V-E" by either Nat or Natalie Cole. I edited the beginning of Nat's version to the end of Natalie's version so that the energy would pick up a little. Plus it's a surprise for everyone who knows both versions.

Congradulations and have fun!