Crytzer's Blue Rhythm Band's debut CD

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

CountBasi

Crytzer's Blue Rhythm Band's debut CD

#1 Post by CountBasi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Crytzer's Blue Rhythm Band's debut CD, "Chasin' the Blues" is now officially available for pre-order. The Blue Rhythm Band is a 13 piece big band with a sound straight from swing era. You most recently heard the Blue Rhythm Band on Sunday Night at the Seattle Lindy Exchange and on Saturday Night at Camp Jitterbug.

The CD contains 3 original songs, and 9 more original arrangements by band leader (and lindy hopper) Glenn Crytzer for a total of 12 cuts that you don't have in your collection!

Buy your copy of the new disc before the official release in Oct. 2009 and save $2.00 off the regular price! CD's will be shipped as soon as they arrive.

Check out the sound samples and pre-order at:
http://www.syncopators.net/orderCDs.html

:wink:
It don't matter if your clock is broke - it's the right time somewhere : Slim Gaillard

djstarr

#2 Post by djstarr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:15 pm

I was able to listen to a preview of the CD last week and also dj'ed some songs at the Century this Sunday. People enjoyed dancing a lot and I think all the tracks are dj'-able.

The members of the band are all great players and I was really impressed with the CD. So get your order in now!

CountBasi

#3 Post by CountBasi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:53 pm

The guy doesn't compromise on the standard of his musicians, that much I know. I've done same down here and every track is a winner I've been able to spin.
It don't matter if your clock is broke - it's the right time somewhere : Slim Gaillard

djstarr

#4 Post by djstarr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 pm

oh and for you music nerds out there - Rachin' in Rhythm is not a typo [although it is pronounced the same as "Rockin"]. And can you tell who the Dickey is in "Dickey's Blues?" ha ha ha.

falty411

#5 Post by falty411 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Check out the new album by The Blue Rhythm Band. Hard swinging big band music, and they are all still living! You can actually go dance to this band, live, in person. :)

If you were at Camp Jitterbug, then you have already heard this band and I bet you have already bought yourself a copy. If not, now is your chance.

Also, if you are a fan of the Loose Marbles, the trumpet player Ben Polcer is featured on this album. There is nothing better than his trumpet over a big band.

ORDER NOW!
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

djstarr

#6 Post by djstarr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:22 pm

ditto what Mikey said. I dj'ed 'Rachin in Rhythm' on Monday, it's a great hard driving song to lindy hop to.

keither

#7 Post by keither » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:53 am

Even $2 off $17.50 is still pretty steep for a single disc.

Toon Town Dave

#8 Post by Toon Town Dave » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Sounds like a great CD, I really enjoyed the band at CJ and SLE.

Is the disc out now? Any chance it will be available from CD Baby? The price isn't bad but shipping to Canada is pretty steep for a single CD.

CountBasi

#9 Post by CountBasi » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:41 pm

from Glenn who is having trouble getting his account to work:

"Thanks for the comments everyone. I don't have plans to sell the CD on CD-Baby at the moment because CD baby takes a pretty big chunk from bands for their service and then charges the band shipping to send them CDs 2 or 3 at a time (and charges the customer shipping again). The guys in my band all played on this recording for $0 up front which is an absolutely rare phenomenon in the jazz world. The guys all wanted to be a part of the project and to me it's really exciting to be able to work with musicians who really care about this era of music and are not just phoning it in for a paycheck. Consequentially I feel that it's my responsibility to make sure that we gross enough on each disc that the musicians can make a little bit of money for their time after we cover our costs.

To set the price I looked around at some other CDs by contemporary bands whose music I like like Solomon Douglas, Jon Stout, Casey MacGill and Dean Mora. I then weighed in my costs and the advantages to other peoples CDs and to ours (some discs have more tracks but less original material, some CDs offer smaller sized bands at a lower price, etc).

As far as shipping to CA goes, I will see if there's a way I can knock down the price as compared to the "international price." Paypal set this up as a general international option for me because it's more expensive to send to Australian and Europe (where we coincidentally seem to be getting a lot of orders from) but maybe there's a way I can edit it for Canada and knock it down a buck or two.

cheers,
Glenn

falty411

#10 Post by falty411 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:04 am

most importantly the music is great, 100% of the tracks are great for djing

how many songs per cd can you usually spin at a dance? its not often that its all of them
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

Haydn

#11 Post by Haydn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:52 am

The samples do sound very good :)

keither

#12 Post by keither » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:35 pm

I can legally download equally great songs at less than $0.99/track...

Again, I appreciate the work that Glenn is doing, and the samples are indeed awesome, but it's not like Swing DJing is paying my bills, let alone paying for itself. My guess is that the number of sales would double if the price came down to at least parity with what other modern artists catering to dancers were charging.

If this were on emusic, I'd have already downloaded it.

falty411

#13 Post by falty411 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:20 am

keither wrote: My guess is that the number of sales would double if the price came down to at least parity with what other modern artists catering to dancers were charging.
which modern big bands are you talking about?
-mikey faltesek

Mr Awesomer

#14 Post by Mr Awesomer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 pm

I have to agree that the price is a little steep... but it's not like this album is paying these musician's bills either. And by a little steep we're talking like an extra $2.50 over the going rate for album from a contemporary swing band (and remember we're talking a physical product here, not a MP3 download.) I doubt any of the bands today have made much of anything on the albums they've put out, regardless of their pricing structure and marketing tactics. It probably doesn't help that some of us might be used to getting albums from today's bands gratis because they know we in turn give the album more exposure by playing songs from it. I get the feeling Glenn might have had some overhead above and beyond what other bands may have had as well. All that said, I was certainly happy to support the endeavor with a purchase.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

falty411

#15 Post by falty411 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Mr Awesomer wrote:I get the feeling Glenn might have had some overhead above and beyond what other bands may have had as well.
Its a big band, im pretty sure the overhead was because there are twice as many musicians as the other contemporary swing bands.
-mikey faltesek