Japanese school girls in short skirts playing Swing music

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

dogpossum

#2 Post by dogpossum » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:25 pm

You do realise that there are women reading and posting on this forum?

Eyeball

#3 Post by Eyeball » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:31 pm

dogpossum wrote:You do realise that there are women reading and posting on this forum?
Sure.

What's your point?

penguin

#4 Post by penguin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:12 am

One of thousands of competant but unremarkable renditions of In the Mood - why bother?

Eyeball

#5 Post by Eyeball » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:42 am

penguin wrote:One of thousands of competant but unremarkable renditions of In the Mood - why bother?
Because this is unique in its way.

Here's school girls from another country keeping American music from 70 years ago alive for people to listen to and appreciate, not just some finicky dancers who get irked if the tempo changes or there is a drum solo.

These chicks are in their teens, thousands of miles away, opposite sex of most Jazz/Swing musicians, another culture, etc.

Yeah - it wasn't super polished or fantastic, but they also had a pretty good SSS with a good tenor solo by some girl.

And there it is on Youtube for people to see.

Platypus

#6 Post by Platypus » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 pm

They are from the Japanese Movie, called Swing Girls. I just bought it and haven't yet had time to watch it. Had to buy it since it is not on Netflix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_Girls

Eyeball

#7 Post by Eyeball » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 am

I've heard of that film and meant to watch it, but I had no idea this was from there.

I heard it was a popular and well received film, so - point is still valid - people keeping the music alive.

An all girl Swing band in this country would work endlessly just on the novelty factor. Some HS or college girls should put together a group and post in on Youtube and watch it go viral. And since this is show-biz, the women need to look attractive even if they are not.

falty411

#8 Post by falty411 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Eyeball wrote: Here's school girls from another country keeping American music from 70 years ago alive for people to listen to and appreciate, not just some finicky dancers who get irked if the tempo changes or there is a drum solo.
It's comments like this that make it so painfully obvious that you aren't a part of any dance scene. I like it when you post about things you actually know something about. You should try to stick to that.
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

Eyeball

#9 Post by Eyeball » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:57 pm

falty411 wrote:
Eyeball wrote: some finicky dancers who get irked if the tempo changes or there is a drum solo.
And you're saying that isn't true? You know it's true no matter if I am a part of the dance scene these days or not.

fredo

#10 Post by fredo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:02 pm

who cares if it's true? How does it fit in the context of your discussion anyway? (and just so you know, saying that "some" people feel a certain way is not a provocative statement to use to make a point)

Your reason for making that statement in the first place seems disjointed. The clip of japanese girls playing In The Mood is not any more remarkable because of how their feelings about swing music differ with "some" dancers.

falty411

#11 Post by falty411 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Eyeball wrote:
falty411 wrote:
Eyeball wrote: some finicky dancers who get irked if the tempo changes or there is a drum solo.
And you're saying that isn't true? You know it's true no matter if I am a part of the dance scene these days or not.
I am saying that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. How often do you go dancing? How many venues do you attend in a week? How often do you travel to dances? Have you been to other dance scenes?

It seems to me that you are generalizing about an entire diverse population of dancers based off of your (seemingly) limited knowledge. Of course there are dancers that whine about drums solos and tempos. There are also non-dancers who wine about that stuff. Just because a portion of a population does something doesnt mean that it is indicative of the entire group.

Another example of you talking out of your ass is assuming that these school girls don't get irked by tempos or drum solos. The fact is you have no idea.

Like i said, i like it when you talk about things you actually know about.
Last edited by falty411 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

Eyeball

#12 Post by Eyeball » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:14 pm

falty411 wrote:
Eyeball wrote:
falty411 wrote: And you're saying that isn't true? You know it's true no matter if I am a part of the dance scene these days or not.
Of course there are dancers that whine about drums solos and tempos.
Thanks. I knew the statement was true and you've confirmed it, fwiw.

falty411

#13 Post by falty411 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Eyeball wrote:
falty411 wrote:
Eyeball wrote: Of course there are dancers that whine about drums solos and tempos.
Thanks. I knew the statement was true and you've confirmed it, fwiw.
I am impressed by your ability to miss the point. kudos

have fun with your part to whole comparison flaws
-mikey faltesek

fredo

#14 Post by fredo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:18 pm

It's true, there are some dancers that don't like drum solos. There are also some dancers that don't like chocolate milk (poor souls). There are some old men that don't like swing music. There are some cats that have no tails.

what were we talking about?...
Last edited by fredo on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falty411

#15 Post by falty411 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm

I know some record shop owners and former record shop owners that hate swing music. It's too bad record shop owners hate swing music. I wish they were like those Japanese school girls, they love swing music.
-mikey faltesek