Clyde McCoy

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

falty411

Clyde McCoy

#1 Post by falty411 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:42 pm

Does anyone have any Clyde McCoy? I hadnt really heard of him at all until I saw that his band played for the second Harvest Moon Ball. The band that played the first was Fletcher Henderson, and the third was Lucky Millinder......thats pretty good company.
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

SirScratchAlot

#2 Post by SirScratchAlot » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:54 am

Clyde's band is some what Like Larry Clints orchestra...and that is that Kinda square overall sound, however with a tight ensemble.
The Band became famous partly because it followed Goodman into the Paramount. I don;t have any recordings of his Piccalo Trumpet work but thats was he was famous for, not to mention the Bennet sisters Trio doing Jitterbug antics on stage such as Susie Q's and Truckin....novelty.

I only have a couple recordings off a Comp...

If your a collector of Dance music....BUY
\\\"Jazz Musicians have dance in them, and Jazz dancers have music in them, or Jazz doesn''''t happen.\\\" Sidney Bechet

AlekseyKosygin
Location: Jersey, Home of the Lion, the Lamb and the Brute...

#3 Post by AlekseyKosygin » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:20 am

Here's a whole CD of his stuff and str8 from label means a real good price...I'm curious to hear him too...

http://www.ccmusic.com/search.cfm?searc ... ype=artist

falty411

#4 Post by falty411 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:02 am

yeah i ordered that CD last week, i havent got it yet though. As soon as I do ill give a review.
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

AlekseyKosygin
Location: Jersey, Home of the Lion, the Lamb and the Brute...

#5 Post by AlekseyKosygin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:45 pm

bumpin this back up cuz i bought this CD and it's great...i had no idea his recordings were so early either...

what year did he play harvest moon?