Sean Costello R.I.P.

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Nate Dogg

Sean Costello R.I.P.

#1 Post by Nate Dogg » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Sean Costello Dies
Wednesday, Apr 16, 2008 2:01PM
Blues artist Sean Costello died in Atlanta on April 15, one day shy of his 29th birthday. The cause of death was not reported.
Costello had been on the road in recent weeks and had numerous concert dates scheduled in the U.S. and abroad, running well into November.
His record label, Delta Groove, issued the following statement today:
"Sean was not only a member of the Delta Groove musical family, he was also a friend, and words cannot express the sorrow we feel at having to say goodbye so soon. As blues music fans, we unfortunately grow somewhat accustomed to the sadness of the inevitable passing of musical elders after long and fruitful careers.
"Losing someone as young, vibrant, and talented as Sean, who had accomplished so much in just a few short years and still had so much potential, is a terribly difficult blow, not only to those who knew him personally, but for the music community as a whole.
"He had been unanimously praised as one of the main torch-bearers of the blues flame for the coming generations, and now that potential will go sadly unfulfilled."

Kiddimes

#2 Post by Kiddimes » Fri May 23, 2008 1:47 am

Oh wow!
I've been in Europe for the past few months and had not heard about this. That sucks, I regularly spin his stuff, one of the best being Rub-A-Dub.

Damn, that sucks.