Boilermaker Jazz Band "Swingin' the Season"

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Albert System

Boilermaker Jazz Band "Swingin' the Season"

#1 Post by Albert System » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:37 am

Hey all- The Boilermaker Jazz Band has recorded a holiday music CD called "Swingin' the Season". It will be available at our shows starting in November, and also on- line at www.cdbaby.com. You can order full CD's there, or download individual tunes at iTunes, Musicnet, Amazon etc.

We've chosen a varied collection of holiday favorites- from classic melodies to jazzed up carols. We hope you will enjoy this music at home, and also spin it at dances!!

Here's the list:

I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (J. Luvv Vocal)
Let It Snow (P. Cosentino Vocal)
We Three Kings (Instrumental)
Winter Wonderland (Mark Kotishion Vocal)
Blue Christmas (J. Luvv Vocal)
Feliz Navidad (P. Cosentino Vocal)
Home for the Holidays (J. Luvv Vocal)
Jingle Bells (M. Kotishion Vocal)
Santa Baby (J. Luvv Vocal)
Boogie Woogie Santa Claus (P. Cosentino Vocal)
I'll Be Home For Christmas (M. Kotishion Vocal)
Holly Jolly Christmas (D. Davisson Vocal)
Hanukkah oh Hanukkah (Group Vocal)
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? (J. Luvv Vocal)
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (Instrumental)
White Christmas (P. Cosentino Vocal)

Albert System

#2 Post by Albert System » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:53 am

I expect to have the CD's in hand today! I once again will offer a free Cd to anyone who promises to spin it at their local dances, and tell everyone who the band is!!

AND please help me get airplay. Let me know who plays jazz on the radio in your town.

PM me!

They will be available at all of our shows- check out www.boilermakerjazzband.com for our schedule

AND on line at www.cdbaby.com/boilermaker7

They will ship anywhere! There are sound clips up there already if you want to take a listen.

CD Baby will also be handling our download sites- we'll be up soon on Amazon, iTunes, Napster, Musicnet etc etc etc etc
THANKS!

Paul Cosentino
Boilermaker Jazz Band

Albert System

#3 Post by Albert System » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 am

The CD's are here! They look and sound great, and we hope that you will like them!

We will have them at all of our shows- check www.boilermakerjazzband.com for our dates.

It is also available for sale ON LINE right now at www.cdbaby.com/boilermaker7

There you will find song clips and see the cover art by Jennie Luvv. You can order them with a Credit Card or Paypal, and they will ship anywhere worldwide.

ENJOY!

Albert System

#4 Post by Albert System » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:29 pm

I hope some of you have received your discs by now and are enjoying them. Hope to see some of you at Pitt Stop this weekend.

Albert System

#5 Post by Albert System » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:32 am

The reviews are coming in- check out what they're saying:

“...With singer Jennie Luvv, the Boilermakers rip through 16 holiday classics. The energy never slows down. Even I'll Be Home for Christmas (sung by Mark Kotishion) a song that can have a deep sense of longing, is done at an easy-going mid tempo. When the band wants to really boost the tempo, as on We Three Kings, it rolls along behind clarinetist Paul Cosentino's nimble fingers.... That is rivaled by It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, which opens as a mid-tempo waltz before moving into a straight swing. One of the tastiest pieces is What Are You Doing New Year's Eve, with a smooth clarinet introduction and then a good vocal by Luvv.”
· Bob Karlovits, Pittsburgh Tribune Review

“The Boilermaker Jazz Band’s “Swingin’ the Season” is a sweet set of pop Christmas tunes (and one Hanukkah song). The style ranges from ragtime, to almost pure jazz, to swing, most of it presented with a New Orleans flavor, with Jennie Luvv’s vocals giving the swing numbers a somewhat post- modern edge.

The song selelction was apropos to the style, and I particulary enjoyed Santa Baby which featured, in addition to Jennie Luvv’s sultry vocals, one of the best saxophone breaks of the entire set. As someone more accustomed to Ray Benson’s ‘western swing’ style, I enjoyed this east coast version of Boogie Woogie Santa Claus, featuring Paul Cosentino’s clarinet and vocals.

This is an entertaining jazz ensemble- there is a lot of fun to be had here for jazz enthusiasts as well as plain old Christmas listeners of every stripe.”
· Richard Banks, www.christmasreviews.com

“Unlike many depressingly melancholic Christmas recordings, "Swingin' the Season" is energetic, danceable and highly stylized. You can almost visualize a group of dancers swinging across the floor to the tailgate trombone sounds of Boogie Woogie Santa Claus.

The recording features songs that you might expect from the Boilermakers, tunes from the 1930s and '40s, like Winter Wonderland and Let it Snow... But there are a few other songs that you might not expect, like the bouncy It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and the traditional carol, We Three Kings , an instrumental that jumps, drives and swings.

"We tried to do some different things," said Cosentino. And they were successful doing it.

All of the 16 songs selected are perfect for the vocal styles of Luvv, Cosentino and pianist Mark Kotishion who also sings on several tracks. "That's always a very personal choice," said Cosentino with a huge chuckle. "We select songs that are right for our voices."

In addition to playing clarinet, Cosentino also plays tenor saxophone on Blue Christmas and alto on Santa Baby. "I play the saxophone on gigs, but this is the first time I've played it on a recording," he said. "I think it gives the recording a little more variety."

... fans can enjoy "Swingin' the Season"- an upbeat album sure to take the edge off of the holiday blues.”
· Nate Guidry, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Get your copy today at www.cdbaby.com/boilermaker7 and send one to a friend!

You can also get a copy at any of our shows- check out our schedule at www.boilermakerjazzband.com

Hope to see you at New Year's Eve in York, PA at the fabulous Valencia Ballroom. www.yorkswing.org

Albert System

#6 Post by Albert System » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:17 am

Hey all- the CD is now #5 in the Top Sellers of the week on www.cdbaby.com

I hope all of you are enjoying it!!

keither

#7 Post by keither » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Played "White Christmas" last night to a packed floor. :) Good stuff!

Albert System

#8 Post by Albert System » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:10 pm

Cool- thanks for playing it. Hope you all will be enjoying at your dances the next few weeks.

Albert System

#9 Post by Albert System » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:30 pm

The Holiday Season is just about here- and the Boilermaker Jazz Band is ready with their hot holiday music CD: Swingin' the Season! In true Boilermaker fashion, we have taken a decidedly up-beat approach to these classics. From familiar holiday melodies to jazzed- up versions of traditional carols, these swinging tunes will inspire you to cut a rug under the mistletoe.

Get your copy NOW at: http://cdbaby.com/cd/boilermaker7

Check out our entire collection at: http://cdbaby.com/found?allsearch=boilermaker+jazz+band