Lisa Eckdahl

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Ron

Lisa Eckdahl

#1 Post by Ron » Tue May 27, 2003 11:00 am

Someone mentioned to me that she heard a swinging song by Lisa Eckdahl, a Swedish singer, and then I just saw her referred to on a Yehoodi thread. Does she have some danceable stuff?

CafeSavoy

#2 Post by CafeSavoy » Tue May 27, 2003 2:11 pm

I have one of her cds, but i don't remember much about it.

Nando

#3 Post by Nando » Tue May 27, 2003 9:36 pm

I have her first two albums. I haven't given them a good listen in awhile. There is one song I play of hers. "You're going To See A Lot Of Me" is a nice little number. You'll find it on her first album, When Did You Leave Heaven

She has a nice high voice, but otherwise nothing really danceable from what I remember.

LazyP

#4 Post by LazyP » Wed May 28, 2003 4:14 am

I have heard all of her music, I own some of it. She has recorded both in english and swedish.
Though I wouldn't call it swing or jazz really, you can still lindy to it if you want to. Myself I call most of her music jazz-pop. It's the kind of music that I might play one song in a night, but only if I think it fits the mood (and most night it doesn't).
The ultimate european swing site!
www.heptown.com

SwingSwingSwing

#5 Post by SwingSwingSwing » Wed May 28, 2003 11:10 am

One of her tracks, Vem Vet, is big amongst the Ceroc crowd in the UK. It's been doing the rounds for a year or so.

I don't go to Ceroc events that often so I don't hear it much these days which is good 'cos I can't stand the track.

John