The Big 18 - Celery Stalks at Midnight?

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Eyeball

Re: The Big 18 - Celery Stalks at Midnight?

#61 Post by Eyeball » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:10 am

Playing it now. Excellent!
Will big bands ever come back?

JesseMiner

#62 Post by JesseMiner » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 am

Eyeball wrote:Playing it now. Excellent!
Great! I knew you would enjoy The Big 18's recordings. And I think you will be pleasantly surprised by all of the music you can (re)discover and enjoy via Spotify.

Jesse

Eyeball

#63 Post by Eyeball » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:06 am

JesseMiner wrote:
Eyeball wrote:Playing it now. Excellent!
Great! I knew you would enjoy The Big 18's recordings. And I think you will be pleasantly surprised by all of the music you can (re)discover and enjoy via Spotify.

Jesse
I was looking for something and didn't find it. It's an album with the new Glenn Miller Orchestra directed by Ray McKinley with Bobby Hackett on the Epic label called Glenn Miller Time 1965. I was specifically looking for the song "More". Care to take a look/see for me? Thx!

In the mean time, I stumbled across this wen site. heard of them, but never knew they had music.

http://music.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_7865853/black-swan/
Will big bands ever come back?

lipi

Re:

#64 Post by lipi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:12 pm

morte100 wrote:
CafeSavoy wrote:a studio band with two recordings
FYI, I have a 3rd album by many of the same folks called Live Echoes Of The Best In BIG BAND BOOGIE. The band's moniker was changed to The Will Bradley Johnny Guarnieri Band. I liked this the least of the 3 by far, but thought some of you might find it interesting to look for it. I doubt it was put out on CD. The biggest problem with this one is that one or both of the band leaders had the less than bright idea of singing on it.
This is now available on Amazon as an MP3. As far as I can tell, it still hasn't been released on CD.
https://www.amazon.com/Band-Boogie-Brad ... B004CCZAIO

And to set the record straight: that's neither Will Bradley nor Johnny Guarnieri singing. It's Clancy Hayes, best known for his recordings in the 50's in San Francisco with Turk Murphy, Lu Watters, and Bob Scobey.