Victrola

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

sultan

Victrola

#1 Post by sultan » Wed May 31, 2006 4:07 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy this band's CD I am not sure which one I am looking for I just know I heard their version of drop me off in Harlem and I can't find them anywhere

Nate Dogg

#2 Post by Nate Dogg » Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 pm

Victrola broke up, but the principals of the band (Alice and Ben) are in a newer band called ACME Song Company. They play gigs in Austin and have one coming up Friday.

If you are serious about buying the CD, I can email Alice and Ben and see if they can bring one to their gig on Friday. I think the CD is hard to find in stores, but Ben and Alice have some lying around the house.

This offer is true for anybody else who is interested. Let me know soon, so I can establish contact with them late tomorrow.

If they don't have the CDs handy, I will get their authorization to make a copy for you.

On a related note, Josh Ellinger swears to me that the Alice Spencer Live at ALX CD will come out sometime in the next few months. Anybody who liked the first Victorla CD will like the Alice solo CD.

Nathan

gatorgal

#3 Post by gatorgal » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:06 pm

Nate Dogg wrote: On a related note, Josh Ellinger swears to me that the Alice Spencer Live at ALX CD will come out sometime in the next few months. Anybody who liked the first Victorla CD will like the Alice solo CD.

Nathan
I'll believe that when I see it. :D

Tina 8)
"I'm here to kick a little DJ a$$!"
~ Foreman on That 70s Show