The "Neatwork" label - got any

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Charleston Charlie

The "Neatwork" label - got any

#1 Post by Charleston Charlie » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:13 pm

I just discovered this excellent little label; Neatwork seems to concentrate on non-issued altrenate takes.

Any of you cats/kittens got any of this? How's the remastering? If ithe samples I am hearing on cdconnection.com are any indication, it should be excellent.

I have done a fairly thorough search and there doesn't seem to be a website.
"‘Swing’ is an adjective or a verb, not a noun. All jazz musicians should swing. There is no such thing as a ’swing band’ in music.”-
Artie Shaw

Haydn

Re: The "Neatwork" label - got any

#2 Post by Haydn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:13 am

Charleston Charlie wrote:I just discovered this excellent little label; Neatwork seems to concentrate on non-issued altrenate takes.

Any of you cats/kittens got any of this? How's the remastering? If ithe samples I am hearing on cdconnection.com are any indication, it should be excellent.

I haven't got any, but apparently it was a label from Vienna, Austria. I don't think they are remastered.

Lawrence Clayton

Re: The "Neatwork" label - got any

#3 Post by Lawrence Clayton » Tue May 02, 2006 2:21 pm

Charleston Charlie wrote:I just discovered this excellent little label; Neatwork seems to concentrate on non-issued altrenate takes.

Hello!

I've got a couple of them. The first in the Ellington series and the Coleman Hawkins alternates for the mid to late thirties (Europe) period and the early forties. (Don't have any of them in front of me.)
The sound is very rough and ready. Terrible, I'd have to say, for the Ellington, though I haven't heard 78's and so I can't compare to any originals, fine or poor. The Beans are ok, but I don't ask much in terms of hi-fi for old records. As long as I can hear the music, it's allright, as long as it's good music.
If you're really into the artist, I'd say go ahead and buy.

Regards,
Lawrence