SwingDJs.com is shutting down!

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

JesseMiner

SwingDJs.com is shutting down!

#1 Post by JesseMiner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm

After 16 wonderful years, I sadly announce that the discussion board at SwingDJs.com will closing its doors at the end of the year. This site has been an incredible supportive community for swing DJs over the years, and I cannot thank you all enough for being integral parts of its success. But discussions on the internet have shifted elsewhere, and we are long-overdue in saying goodbye to this now-quiet online resource.

As of January 1st, 2019, I will be locking all of the forums. Past discussions will still be visible while the ability to start new discussions will be disabled.

By April 1st, 2019, the site will disappear, but we will do our best to archive the past two decades of discussions.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly via email at dj@jesseminer.com or via Facebook.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the many many memorable years of absolutely the best geeky music discussions!

Jesse

Jesse Miner
Administrator
SwingDJs.com

Shorty Dave

Re: SwingDJs.com is shutting down!

#2 Post by Shorty Dave » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Wow, what fond memories of the good ol' days! I miss the days of here, Yehoodi, and all the other bulletin boards. Thanks, Jesse and the rest of the team, for providing such a great environment for us geeks to geek out!

kbuxton

#3 Post by kbuxton » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Much of the content can be found at https://web.archive.org/web/20181216031 ... ngdjs.com/ and if you find a page that doesn't work before swingdjs.com shuts down you can request they take a snapshot

straycat

#4 Post by straycat » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Very sad to hear this news. It makes me feel a little guilty for lurking too much, and not posting enough over the years.

Thank you Jesse, for keeping it going for all these years. SwingDJs was a huge help to me when I was starting out as a DJ, and I still regard it as an essential resource.

trev

#5 Post by trev » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks for everything you did to make this happen.

In the early days of my Swing DJing, in one the the world’s most remote cities (Perth, Australia), this was a vital resource that connected me with a larger body of knowledge that I wouldn’t have access to otherwise. It certainly helped shape my taste in music and who I am today.

JesseMiner

#6 Post by JesseMiner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Closing the board now. Thanks for all of the memories!