Music of World War II

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

wwII

Music of World War II

#1 Post by wwII » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:13 am

I am writing a book about love and sex in WWII and, while I have information on the most popular songs, etc., I'm anxious to speak directly to those who can give me a more personal view of the music, how it changed during the war, why certain songs/dance styles were so popular, and how the music set the stage for what was to come after the war.

This is my first time on this site, so I'm not too keen on how it operates.
I will check for email messages but would love to get names and contact information for anyone who may be able to help me.

swing-o-logy

Love and Sex during WW II

#2 Post by swing-o-logy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:13 pm

we think, the main problem may be, that there's a ethic distance between our younger generation and our grandparents!

Seldom, a musician, we have talked to, has also talked about it! - Sometimes they did, but always with a distance!

As we are operating in and from Germany, we can only check out the "enemy's point of view". - The point of the pursued swing-hedonists and the point of the restricted Jazz/Swing musicians and their life besides the show-case!

We often talk with surviving people and we think, as long as they are still alive, they should talk about it, to educate the future generations, what to do and what not!

But at the end, if German, Italian, French or American, the stories might be quite similar: stories about hot love, Stories about songs, a lot of tears, stories about leaving and great lost and sometimes ... a happy end! (and pictures, pictures, pictures!)

If you are interested to contact us, feel free at info@swing-o-logy.de

Swingcerely

Maja Bernard & Sven Uhrmann