Search found 402 matches

by Surreal
Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:47 pm
Forum: Swinging Music
Topic: the shape of song
Replies: 11
Views: 3671

the shape of song

Saw this link off Fark...

http://www.turbulence.org/Works/song/index.html

It's rather neat, and there's one Ella piece in there and a couple Django. The program requires midi files though. I don't suppose any of you have anything else in midi format?
by Surreal
Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:50 am
Forum: Song IDs
Topic: [Answered] Diga Diga Doo, Artie Shaw
Replies: 2
Views: 1619

Diga Diga Doo (Artie Shaw?)
by Surreal
Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:05 am
Forum: Swinging Music
Topic: "Ultimate Jazz Archive" - any good?
Replies: 10
Views: 4090

I'd actually cancelled my order, but I'm still considering it. Spending my money on some portable speakers and a sound card first, and I'm thinking of a PA in a couple months.
by Surreal
Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:00 am
Forum: Other Music
Topic: Booty Call
Replies: 19
Views: 13839

Yeesh, find some odd ones when searching "Bob Rivers"...
http://www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/dow ... /index.asp
There's "In The Butt" by the Rhino Humpers
by Surreal
Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:10 am
Forum: Other Music
Topic: Booty Call
Replies: 19
Views: 13839

Does it have to be danceable? A couple that I have...

The Bertha Butt Boogie - Jimmy Castor Group
Buttcracker Suite - Bob Rivers

Then of course there's the Thong Song by Sisqo.

And not directly about the butt, maybe: If I Can't Sell It - Ruth Brown
by Surreal
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:51 pm
Forum: Swinging Music
Topic: "Ultimate Jazz Archive" - any good?
Replies: 10
Views: 4090

Haydn wrote:I've just received the box I bought from a German mail-order distributor, JPC -
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/jazz/detail/-/hnum/4725240

They are quoting $109.55 - I'm not sure how much they charge to ship to the USA.
It's 99.99 Euro, which isn't much cheaper than through other sites.
by Surreal
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: External Sound Cards for Laptop DJing
Replies: 152
Views: 69960

Shopping around, came across this: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.ph ... 543&cid=SC
Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

I hear M-Audio is supposed to be a good company for sound equipment, but a few online reviews I've read don't seem supportive.
by Surreal
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:21 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Better sound in iTunes using EQ and Volume Logic
Replies: 9
Views: 4628

This is what I use for BPM's...
http://www.mustiala.hamk.fi/pub/~parikka/laskuri2.htm

I just saved the page to my hard drive and do everything manually from there. After the first mouse click, you can just use the spacebar.
by Surreal
Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:27 am
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Laptop DJing
Replies: 647
Views: 170586

Thanks Dave. I did try looking up the small local stores, but nothing was available. I wound up getting the Audigy 2 online. Now I feel like buying a PA...
by Surreal
Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:54 pm
Forum: Swinging Music
Topic: "Ultimate Jazz Archive" - any good?
Replies: 10
Views: 4090

"Ultimate Jazz Archive" - any good?

Saw this the other day: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B7I3W4/ref=sr_11_1/104-0445785-2961513?ie=UTF8 More info: http://www.membran.net/db_php_eng/index.php?action=list&command=selectCategory&component=categoryTree&categoryId=40d96d733bdbb&sid=6e661df58eb59f07175e5366142e60a0# I was wondering ...
by Surreal
Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:15 pm
Forum: DJ Skillz
Topic: Can you please every one.
Replies: 19
Views: 10083

I generally shoot for that 80%, under the assumption that if the majority is having a good time, that positive energy will rub off on the remaining 20%. I find the ones who are picky with the music are also the most willing to leave early, whereas the rest of them might not like the music but then u...
by Surreal
Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:04 pm
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Laptop DJing
Replies: 647
Views: 170586

I've been thinking about buying an external sound card for my laptop, but the selection in town is extremely limited. About the only ones I can find are the Sound Blaster Live ($70), and a used Sonica M-Audio ($50). Are either of these worth it? I've asked around and been told that the Audigy2 is a ...