www.swingdjs.com

www.swingdjs.com
It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Using "Watch This Forum"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:51 am 

At Jesse's suggestion I've started using the "Watch This Forum" feature. So far it seems like it's working pretty well.

However I have a few questions/comments about the feature:

- right now the reply-to header for these emails is always jesse@swingdjs.com. This is OK but it would be much nicer if at least the name was the poster's name. The best solution would be to have reply-to go back to the board directly, and/or to the poster's email address.

- is there a way to tell which forums I'm watching? I didn't see a summary in the user profile page.

- is there a way to watch all forums? Right now it looks like I have to visit each forum and then click on "Watch This Forum".

minor stuff:

- single and double quotes show up with \'s in front of them. This is annoying but the messages are still readable.

- blocks like [quote] have a little extra junk in them, e.g. [quote:9353b0f0f0=\"AlekseyKosygin\"]

Even with these issues, it's still a lot better (for me) than having to visit the web site. Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]