Getting pushed out

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

julius

#61 Post by julius » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:25 pm

glad to hear the situation explained itself. i wish more people in the swing world would just talk to each other to resolve issues instead of guessing (wrongly) about the other person's intentions...

gatorgal

#62 Post by gatorgal » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:18 pm

julius wrote:glad to hear the situation explained itself. i wish more people in the swing world would just talk to each other to resolve issues instead of guessing (wrongly) about the other person's intentions...
Very good point!!!

Also glad to hear that things are going better for you Kevin...

Tina 8)

djstarr

#63 Post by djstarr » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:58 am

main_stem wrote:She has found that there is a better turn out for split nights and ideally no one, save one DJ, will get a whole night.
Glad to hear you got this resolved. And I'm happy that splitting will be the norm - ideally it would be nice to get a full night every couple of months or so, but DJ'ing the entire evening [3 hours] is pretty exhausting.

Tonight at Sonny's we had a hard time finding someone to split the evening with me (which is the norm at this venue), and I was tired and just not really connecting with the crowd. While not quite a bomb I certainly didn't get the rush that I normally do when I DJ.

When you split a night (hopefully with someone who's music you enjoy) you get a chance to dance, get ideas from the other DJ, play off of each other, etc.

Petitetonya

#64 Post by Petitetonya » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:11 pm

Great Kevin, I am happy to hear that.