blues - beyond the definitions?

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

CafeSavoy

#31 Post by CafeSavoy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:07 pm

falty411 wrote:the lines of the shake blues dancing done in the spirit moves?
is there footage of that on-line somewhere?

Roy

#32 Post by Roy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:38 pm

If you want to hear a real awesome tradional blues show listen to the web simulcast of Blues before sunrise. It is a radio show that runs late on Saturday nights in various markets including Chicago. It's all tradionial Blues and there is allot information stuff about what is being played. The web simulcast can be heard at:

www.bluesbeforesunrise.com.

KevinSchaper

#33 Post by KevinSchaper » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:47 pm

falty411 wrote: I am starting to try and learn more about the older blues dancing, I am REALLY interested in it. Its so loose, wild, sexy, carefree, yet precise and beautiful. Exactly like lindy hop in thhose ways, only in the other tempo direction and bluestastic.
The solo stuff or partnered?

The solo stuff seemed more genuine on Spirit Moves - but the partnered stuff seems more a caricature or parody of how people woulda actually been dancing together..

falty411

#34 Post by falty411 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:48 am

CafeSavoy wrote:
falty411 wrote:the lines of the shake blues dancing done in the spirit moves?
is there footage of that on-line somewhere?
well if there was im sure its down now. Come over to my place when I get to DC and we will watch.
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

falty411

#35 Post by falty411 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:50 am

KevinSchaper wrote: The solo stuff or partnered?

The solo stuff seemed more genuine on Spirit Moves - but the partnered stuff seems more a caricature or parody of how people woulda actually been dancing together..
im only really nterested in the solo stuff right now. the partnered stuff that was actually filmed at the savoy was pretty cool but Al Minns blows my mind with his dancing in the diaper and at the savoy......DAMN.

It makes me wonder if i have to like wang to dance like that.......soooooo friekan good.

In seattle we should play some blues and wear diapers.
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984