Contrast vs. Blending

Contrast
47%
Blending
53%

Total votes: 17

Nate Dogg

#61 Post by Nate Dogg » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:40 am

Swifty wrote:instead of just wasting space with three of the top threads on Yehoodi by talking about nothing.
There were originally two threads, a thread about the Exchange itself and one about the paddle tour. That was it, everybody knew what those threads were about. They were easy to ignore. We were not flooding the top three threads.

A few weeks ago, a group of dancers stole our property and started making posts in Jive Junction and Yehoodi. Is that something we did? No, you can't pin the "Gay Ass Austin Paddle" Jive Junction thread on me.

Another person started a thread about themed Exchanges.We did not start that thread either. All of my posts to that thread have clarified the theme/Exchange/Paddles and I have coordially invited everybody to attend.

It seems to me that folks like you are playing a large part in the volume of Board traffic. If there were no "Austin sucks" posts, Pro-Austin folks would not have to respond. Everytime you bash us, some of us feel the need to clarify things.

It boils down to this, we have said this over and over. The Austin Exchange will be fun, the theme is always secondary, and you are very welcome to come. We will have great music and lots of dancing. We already have registrants from all over. It will be a great time, we promise. We are working very hard, day and night on this thing.

Everybody is welcome. First and foremost, Texas is a friendly place.

Now, at some point this thread needs to get back to Contrast vs. Blending. ALX has nothing to do with this thread.
Nathan
Last edited by Nate Dogg on Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

JesseMiner

#62 Post by JesseMiner » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:00 am

This discussion of themed events, specifically the Austin Exchange, is totally off-topic and not related to our DJ discussions. Please wrap it up and take it over to Yehoodi or Jive Junction where it is being regularly discussed.

Let's get back to the current discussion at hand.

Thank you.

Jesse

Jesse Miner
SwingDJs Moderator

Swifty

#63 Post by Swifty » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:24 pm

Oops.
Last edited by Swifty on Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawrence

#64 Post by Lawrence » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:24 pm

JesseMiner wrote:This discussion of themed events, specifically the Austin Exchange, is totally off-topic and not related to our DJ discussions. Please wrap it up and take it over to Yehoodi or Jive Junction where it is being regularly discussed.
Let's get back to the current discussion at hand.
Thank you.
Jesse
Thank you, Jesse. 8) (There's no emoticon for "phew...!")

The music at Austin's Exchange is going to be phenomenal, as usual. There will be lots of contrast and blending. :wink: :) We can discuss the music (and how it will overwhelm the pre-Exchange theme hype) in the thread in "Upcoming events."
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com

Yakov

#65 Post by Yakov » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:32 pm

sorry. :?

Greg Avakian

#66 Post by Greg Avakian » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 pm

falty411 wrote: Greg will never be asked to DJ ULHS or the Lindy Binge

I will never be asked to DJ the Austin Exchange or ALHC
Just one thing to finish up: Mike, you were invited by me to spin at ALHC months ago. And you said you'd spin a set in the "fast/classic/whatever" room. Do you not remember this or are you just messin'?

Swifty

#67 Post by Swifty » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:14 pm

Greg Avakian wrote:Just one thing to finish up: Mike, you were invited by me to spin at ALHC months ago. And you said you'd spin a set in the "fast/classic/whatever" room. Do you not remember this or are you just messin'?
Does this mean that you're done deciding on DJs for ALHC?

Greg Avakian

#68 Post by Greg Avakian » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:50 pm

Sigh. I'm waiting for final word on how many hours I have to give away. I'll let everyone know as soon as I can. :)