www.swingdjs.com

www.swingdjs.com
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm 

Last ever Winamp release was yesterday. There will be no new releases and the web site will be going away next month.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/20 ... disappear/

I'm running a now ancient version and it works just fine in my DJ set-up but it might be worth grabbing and saving a copy while it's still available.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:42 pm 

Wow, I remember when winamp used to be *the* free player back in the day. Like an old giant laying down to rest now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:30 pm 

I still use it for gigs. I use MediaMonkey as my "what I own" database. It can be finicky about special soundcards anyway, so I just have the general computer (including it) go to my phones. Winamp does just what I need - lets me drag "files" into it (from MediaMonkey, which lets me drag "files" out of it), lets me say "don't auto-start the next tune," gives me an EQ/internal volume, lets me save playlists easily (I already know all the keyboard shortcuts), and is reliable about keeping its assignment of the sound card I told it to use - so Winamp goes to the house.

Shame to have to keep track of my own installer files from now on!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]