beatunes - utility for organizing iTunes library, auto-bpm

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

zipthebird

beatunes - utility for organizing iTunes library, auto-bpm

#1 Post by zipthebird » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm playing with the shareware version of beatunes, finding it to be really helpful. I've run about 400 auto-bpm detections (with the algorithm set on highest accuracy vs. speed) and many of them are spot on. With the others, the main cause of error seems to be that the song is out of the preset tempo range.

The things I like about this program vs. others I've played with are:
- it synchronizes with iTunes, so the bpms get fed back into my iTunes library,
- it has a manual bpm tapping pad so you can check and edit the results of the detection algorithm,
- the interface mimics the look & feel of iTunes, so it is easy to navigate.

The program also claims to automatically detect the key and "color" of your tracks, so that you can create playlists based on similar-sounding songs. I haven't fooled with this component yet. It will also clean up mis-spelled artist names and album names for you, though only in the full version.

Anyone else played with beatunes? If so, what do you think?

Haydn

Re: beatunes - utility for organizing iTunes library, auto-b

#2 Post by Haydn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm

zipthebird wrote:The program also claims to automatically detect the key and "color" of your tracks, so that you can create playlists based on similar-sounding songs. I haven't fooled with this component yet. It will also clean up mis-spelled artist names and album names for you, though only in the full version.

Anyone else played with beatunes? If so, what do you think?
I had a quick look a few months ago, but I didn't spot the feature which automatically detects the key and 'colour' of tracks - that sounds interesting. I'll try and have another look.

trev

#3 Post by trev » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Anyone still using this? I'm looking for a new BPM solution and this looks interesting.