bpm shift
ability to import the itunes playlists i have been using to help me dj

http://www.discosw.net/

thanks

Jonas

#2 Post by Jonas » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:00 am

have you tried out the demo?

i have tried out the mac os x demo version

as a dj i think i'd really enjoy the waveform for fast cueing, the dual outputs for previewing, the apple lossless support, the itunes playlist imports (since i use itunes as my library and like it a lot)

when i teach swing dance i think i'd really like the pitch control to be able to change the tempo of a song on the fly (instead of making multiple copies of the track with a program like audacity)

what i don't like though, is that it's overloaded with buttons and features i'll never use as a swing dj, and that clutters the graphical interface

also, and more importantly, i don't find the program to be very stable (the demo that is, i don't know if the full version is better, but why should it), with the sound skipping when i make small adjustments in the program

for me, the cuephase program, from the same website, would be ideal, if it also included waveform and pitch control, and if it was super stable, which the demo version is not

bummer...

/jonas

Sumjugei

#3 Post by Sumjugei » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:59 pm

did you try manually increasing the sampling rate?

it is in preferences >> advanced

ttfn
aaron

Jonas

#4 Post by Jonas » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Sumjugei wrote:did you try manually increasing the sampling rate?

it is in preferences >> advanced

ttfn
aaron
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out next time I play around with the demo.

What does "increasing the sampling rate" do for the stability of the program? I'm no computer wizz...

/Jonas

Sumjugei

more sampling

#5 Post by Sumjugei » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:53 am

there are two settings in the advanced tab, both increase the amount of memory(RAM) the program is using. i increased it to a level that the playback is unaffected. sometimes changing settings does lag the program. ex: i cant start a new song, change the volume, and start previewing another song at the same time. again, the music doesnt stop, or skip or anything.

i was satisfied with how i got the demo to work, so i bought it, and played a 3hr set with it last week. the only problem was the headphones being too loud, but i was able to fix that with system preferences, while i was playing music.

ttfn,
aaron

zipthebird

#6 Post by zipthebird » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:00 pm

Hey Aaron -

I'm messing around with the demo now. Looks pretty nifty. Do you know if there's any way to save your playlist from the whole night? I like to keep track of what I play from week to week.

Cheers,
James

Sumjugei

the log

#7 Post by Sumjugei » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:00 pm

james,

i dont know if it is in the demo. but the full version has a log. i cant see any internal way to save it. so i cleared it before i started, and then copied it to a text file when i finished my set.

it would be nice to just have the list in order as a playlist, but i am willing to take it the way it is.

ttfn
aaron