www.swingdjs.com

www.swingdjs.com
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:33 am 

OK. Thanks very much for your answer, Lipi.

I can continue with my way of working... if Chilli Poppin doesn't found me in the venue :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:17 am 

I have no "better" solution if a ground loop exists, isolators work to a degree, but are not perfect. The fact is ground loops shouldn't exist in the first place, sometimes they do and need to be lived with.

It's not a case of being a "hard assed security policeman" it's a matter of common sense.

It's been pointed out that a laptop may not need an earth, no argument.
It's been pointed out that some other equipment definitely does, certainly no argument.

My criteria for whether a device fits into the "needs earthed" or "does not need earthed" category is whether or not it is fitted with an earth pin. If it has one... It needs earthed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 am 

I was looking for something to replace my Traktor2 which was starting to die, and wound up going with an Echo Audio Echo2 (who names their product the same as their company?). I'm really liking it so far. Two inputs, four channel out (two are balanced TRS, the other two are a headphone jack). The all touch interface takes a bit of getting used to and is occasionally finicky but for the most part ok.

Soundwise it's really good. Not much of a difference when playing through PA gear, but plugged into my home stuff I noticed an improvement right away.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11