Gemini turntable for sale - cheap!

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

kitkat

Gemini turntable for sale - cheap!

#1 Post by kitkat » Mon May 16, 2005 12:21 pm

My Swiss friend was moving out and gave me a Gemini turntable. I had just a bit of room left in the car and thought my mom didn't have one to go with her records, so I brought it home, even though giving a Gemini turntable to someone who probably hasn't been in a club for 25 years seemed kind of funny.

He said he paid two hundred something dollars for it...either $225 or $290, I believe. I don't know why I can't remember how much. The only problem with it, apparently, is that it's missing two of the screw-in feet. A quick solution is to unscrew the other two feet.

Anyway, if you want a Gemini XL-DD50 IV or know someone who does, make me an offer and I'll send it to you. I don't want it cluttering up our house.

I saw other Gemini tables on Ebay for a mid-$100's range.

Mr Awesomer

Re: Gemini turntable for sale - cheap!

#2 Post by Mr Awesomer » Mon May 16, 2005 12:47 pm

kitkat wrote:A quick solution is to unscrew the other two feet.

Ohhhh... I wouldn't recommend that. Turntables should be nice and level to avoid wear on the record among other things. Turntable feet are adjustable so you can level it out, and they also absorb miscellaneous vibrations. Quick solution is to get two get replacement feet. I'd bet Guitar Center and the like carry them.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

kitkat

#3 Post by kitkat » Wed May 18, 2005 7:24 am

All right, well, if someone sees a price on replacement feet, tell me that your offer's $X lower than it would've been by that much money.

By the way, if it makes you feel better about offering me a real, reasonable price, I'm not keeping all the $ for myself. The guy who gave me the turntable doesn't know it yet, but I plan to send him a check for half of whatever I make. His turntable, my effort--seems fair.