Creative Nomad Juke Box

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

scratchy

Creative Nomad Juke Box

#1 Post by scratchy » Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:37 am

I thought I would throw this in the mix since this is the Tech Talk.

I've been using the original 10 gig Juke Box for a year now.

It has made traveling WAY EASY!!! no more CD's! And when Flyin this is such a dream come true.

This Jewel is packed with hell of alot of music. and is great not only for Teaching with but also DJing.

compared to the Ipod (a handful of us busted out the gear compared all the aspects last year in Herrang) this is a much better device, meaning it has alot more options, (except that the Ipods size is smaller.)

It has Play back, Que, create play list, and you can search through Artist List,Song List,Album List whatever you want. Stereo outs , Mic in. hell you can do basically anything. Put all sorts of detailed info on each song/album/artist whatever. store Photo's what ever...

The Creative software is really nice and consumer friendly, inabeling you to rip CD's into different formats including MP3 easily to your computer. using A USB , you can transfer songs,albums whatever and add optional data.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The down Falls is the size with it being same as a CD walk man, although heavier.

another down fall (to me) is the on/off switch, which is on top and easily bumped on. However with the Lock switch on the side, it automatically turns it off to save your butt.

It uses double AA's , I recommend alot of them if your running off the Battery's it eats through them. Rechargeble is the way to go.

It seems since I've kept it packed the 10 gig memory the system slightly* strains when searching the Library, although it doesn;t effect the Play, it freaks you out when you only have a sec to choose a song.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm moving over to using a Lap top anyways, But using this Device is alot cheaper and has really done the trick , Now the NOMADS have now upgraded with 20 gigs, something to think about if you don't want to purchase a Lap Top just for DJing.