CDR audio but not data... ideas?

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Yakov

CDR audio but not data... ideas?

#1 Post by Yakov » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:41 am

A little while back I got a new CDRW from a friend... it reads and writes CD Audio perfectly... but I can't get it to write data CD-Rs no way no how. One program made some noise about a driver of some sort from Nero but even after I installed it, still couldn't get anything to work. Any ideas? Software suggestions?

GemZombie

#2 Post by GemZombie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:17 am

There are Audio Only Discs, but those are usually for "set-top" recorders. They cost a bit more (ostensively to pay royalties to musicians) and are encoded with a bit that must exist for a set top player to record on them. However, these discs should be usable in any CD burning hardware for PC. I've honestly never heard of a disc that will burn audio, but not data (And I work for a CD/DVD authoring/mastering software company). Sounds like a software issue to me.

Go to www.sonic.com and try the demo of Recordnow. (It's our application). It's a pretty basic piece of software. If you still have problems, contact me via PM and i'll talk to our driver guys and see if i can get some answers for you.

EDIT:
(Now that i'm looking at the site, i don't see a trial of recordnow offered... i'll see if there is one, and get a link for you if there is).