Hide the sheep, I'm coming to Texas!

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

djstarr

#31 Post by djstarr » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:25 pm

yeah, if you are going to get into the music at an event, it's probably good to post it here; even when we get into some music threads on Seattle Delphi I think we bore the snot out of the regular readership.

The Harlem thread was awesome; even the Austin and SW Lindyfest threads had some good content on them.

but I also like the suggestion of a "visiting Dj's" thread. Keeps it focused.

Lawrence

#32 Post by Lawrence » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:03 pm

yedancer wrote:I don't get mad, I just think it's dumb. Everyone on this board is pretty well connected to the national lindy scene, and it just seems like a waste of time to promote here. I mean, if you have to hear about big exchanges HERE, then you must be really out of touch. Of course, I could be wrong about this. Which begs the question:

Does anyone here actually get news about events from this board?
First, another tally for "yes." I guess I'm out of touch because I don't like wading through Yehoodi or Jive Junction chatter, just like Kalman noted.

Second, it's somewhat ironic that Reuben kicked off an entirely different thread inside this "irrelevant" thread, which probably would have been three or four posts long and disappeared had Reuben not said anything. That said, I agree with what seems to be the majority sentiment that Greg's post belongs on this board.
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com

kitkat

#33 Post by kitkat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:45 pm

Any chance of editing the title and keeping visiting DJ announcements to this thread?

Nate Dogg

#34 Post by Nate Dogg » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:19 pm

Back to the original topic, the "upcoming event" going on in Texas (i.e. Greg's visit).

Greg Avakian has agreed to be the a Guest DJ this Thursday at the Austin Swing Syndicate's Thursday dance.

We are also getting ready to confirm another Guest DJ from the West Coast. So, it is looking to be a cool Thursday. When the DJ confirms, I will let everybody know.

Nathan