The Blues on PBS/reviews

Other music that might interest us

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Roy

#16 Post by Roy » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:36 am

I had just the opposite feeling about last nights episode. I had a hard time paying attention to it. I much preffered the format of following real Blues peoples lives. They showed allot of clips about allot of people but there was not much depth about the personalities behind the music. They did pick up some stuff that was left out of the earlier episodes. They got to some of the 20's blues diva's.

Tonight's episode should be interesting. following Chuck D's discovery of the blues and focusing in on Chicago Blues.

Ron

#17 Post by Ron » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:47 pm

I just caught the credits of last night's (Wed Oct 1) show, and was intrigued by the slow blues song playing during the credits. I found out it was "Give Me Freedom" by Steven James Taylor. I'm tempted to buy the Scorsese's Presents the Blues, Warming By the Fire soundtrack that it came from. But I'm not sure yet.

Ron

#18 Post by Ron » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:27 pm

I liked the "Red White and Blues" episode about Blues in the UK, and then the subsequent reinvasion of the US by UK blues-rock bands. I liked it. I also saw Eastwood's "Piano Blues" episode and I liked that, too. I may end up getting both of those soundtracks.