Caar Lemar - New Swinging music artist

Other music that might interest us

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

electroswingjazz

Caar Lemar - New Swinging music artist

#1 Post by electroswingjazz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 am

Hey guys,

I hope you're doing well. I'm not spamming this message or doing anything bad either. I would like you to present a new Electro-Swing music style artist "Caar Lemar". I would like that you could listen couple of his tracks, he launched recently 2 new albums! Honestly to me, his musing is similar to Parov Stelar, which I think is amazing! Could you listen couple of tracks and advice is the music is good, what is missing and etc.?

https://soundcloud.com/caar-lemar
https://www.facebook.com/CaarLemar/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MIvqrQ ... Ez&index=3

Thanks guys!

lipi

Re: Caar Lemar - New Swinging music artist

#2 Post by lipi » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Piece of advice #1: scantily clad women in a video aren't a good substitute for music that doesn't capture the attention of the listener. It just makes the listener less likely to take your music seriously. (If you wonder why anyone would consider this a problem, let me ask you this: why aren't these videos filled with half-naked men swinging their dicks around?)

Piece of advice #2: I hate electroswing. Play/make/produce/market something else.

I miss Reuben sometimes. Now *I'm* the grumpy mean guy!

penguin

#3 Post by penguin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:56 am

lipi wrote: Piece of advice #2: I hate electroswing. Play/make/produce/market something else.
Yeah, could we at least agree that electroswing belongs in the "Other Music" section of the forum?

JesseMiner

#4 Post by JesseMiner » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:37 am

I personally dig electro swing, when done well, and I do dig some of these recordings.

As an administrator, I believe electro swing does have a place in our forums, and I welcome members sharing news about new releases! But yes, it absolutely belongs in "Other Music" and has been moved there.

Jesse

electroswingjazz

#5 Post by electroswingjazz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:36 am

lipi wrote:Piece of advice #1: scantily clad women in a video aren't a good substitute for music that doesn't capture the attention of the listener. It just makes the listener less likely to take your music seriously. (If you wonder why anyone would consider this a problem, let me ask you this: why aren't these videos filled with half-naked men swinging their dicks around?)

Piece of advice #2: I hate electroswing. Play/make/produce/market something else.

I miss Reuben sometimes. Now *I'm* the grumpy mean guy!
Hey, thanks for your input! We completely agree that it's the music that matters. The videos we use come from stock footage and are just there so we can have videos, but like you we don't consider them any substitute. It's all about the music!