Swing House/Electro Swing

Other music that might interest us

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

DJ Nick B.

Re:

#16 Post by DJ Nick B. » Wed May 27, 2015 6:41 pm

straycat wrote:I want to know what you could get were you to turn that on its head - recreate those original rhythms with a modern club sound. In a nutshell, take modern / club music, and make it swing. Properly - (don't even mention Swingify or The Swinger. While I have absolutely no idea what that would sound like, assuming it can be done, I'd be intrigued to find out.
You, my friend, have clearly never heard of Postmodern Jukebox. This band does precisely what you are describing, and it is incredible. I regularly play their music at swing dances.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NtyoC7KuBDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MarshSwing

Re: Swing House/Electro Swing

#17 Post by MarshSwing » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Greetings! New to the posting, but long time lurker and recently getting more into the Vintage Vinyl DJ game. It's a lot of fun and has it's own quirks as well.

I also run Swingtronic here in Hollywood, CA. (www.swingtronic.com) I describe it as the future of vintage nite life. In a nutshell I curate an evening of entertainment that not only pays homage to the past but looks directly into the Electro Swingin' future. Live jazz bands, variety act performers and great guest DJ sets.

SO now that that's been established, I am an old school LA Lindy Hopper and find that a lot of Electro Swing is difficult to dance to, duh. However there are tracks like the ones mentioned before that I do play and spin regularly. I also created a playlist on spotify called "Electro Swing for Swingers" and I think it features the most danceable tracks to date in the ES scene. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

Always looking for more tracks to add to the list!

Swing Out,
Professor Watson

Surreal

Re: Swing House/Electro Swing

#18 Post by Surreal » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 am

Very cool Prof Watson. For those of us not on Spotify, is there anywhere else we can see this list?