Silvio Blonde - maybe Australian?

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

CountBasi

Silvio Blonde - maybe Australian?

#1 Post by CountBasi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 am

I need a little help here and it may be most forthcoming from our Southern Hemisphere friends.

The Australian TV series Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries has a track as the credits roll on episode 8 of series 1 which is attributed to 'Silvio Blonde & his Invisible Orchestra', the tune is named In Sunny Roseland - essentially Rose Room.

I can't find any trace of this online at all. The show's soundtrack material they issued has a track by this band but it's Makin' Whoopee.

Various questions : is this a real band... Australian? Any idea of how to get hold of this full track (In Sunny Roseland) ?
It don't matter if your clock is broke - it's the right time somewhere : Slim Gaillard

trev

Re: Silvio Blonde - maybe Australian?

#2 Post by trev » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:26 pm

I haven't heard of them. I suspect it's a name given to a group of session musicians for the soundtrack. I'll make inquiries.

CountBasi

Re: Silvio Blonde - maybe Australian?

#3 Post by CountBasi » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks, Trev. The closest recording I have to it is the 1932 Ellington Orchestra's Rose Room. I also have the same suspicion as you but whether that is the case or not, I'd like to think the track is recorded on some media somewhere in full, even if buried in the ABC studio vaults wherever they may be! :)
It don't matter if your clock is broke - it's the right time somewhere : Slim Gaillard