www.swingdjs.com

www.swingdjs.com
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 pm 

I learned about Roots and Rhythm when a friend noticed a great deal on a Sidney Bechet box set and thought of me. Their latest "latest additions" has something that might interest anyone here.

Go to http://www.rootsandrhythm.com/roots/New_Releases/latest_010809.htm and search for "Bebop". And before you have anything to say about how bebop doesn't belong here, keep on reading and check out this bit:

Quote:
Did I say series? Yes, there are four other box sets of 100 CDs each - one devoted to Classic Jazz, one to Swing, one to Big Bands and one to Modern Jazz. We have pdf files for those too if you are interested. There is a package deal where you can get all five volumes (Five hundred CDs - 10,000 tracks!!) for $950 and you'll never have to buy a CD of pre 1960 jazz again!

100 CDs of swing for $235.98 (assuming each set is the same price) seems like an amazing deal. It also seems like a huge pain in the ass when it comes to putting all the music on a laptop, but it could be worth it. At the least, I'm going to be requesting some PDFs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]