Memorabilia

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

SirScratchAlot

#16 Post by SirScratchAlot » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:44 pm

cool, now I don't have to scan mine in.....

yea, sheet music is cool, it has some beautiful designs I use in my own art.
\\\"Jazz Musicians have dance in them, and Jazz dancers have music in them, or Jazz doesn''''t happen.\\\" Sidney Bechet

funkyfreak

#17 Post by funkyfreak » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:55 pm

For anyone else interested in getting any one of those same ebay posters new for generally equal or less price:

http://store.resonantconsulting.com/all ... osters.asp

-FF

Greg Avakian

#18 Post by Greg Avakian » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:07 pm

This kind of stuff never meant much to me, although I did save my 28 ticket stubs to Frank Zappa concerts till I was about 20.
===
On the wall in our staircase is a photogragh of three very poor guys at a table playing cards in a room with a mud floor. One is passing cards to another using his toes, obviously cheating the other player.

Scribbled across the picture is
"George, dig these cats!
Louis Armstrong"

It's just amazing how this thing holds a very palpable 'energy'. I can't help staring at it sometimes.

Soupbone

Re: Memorabilia

#19 Post by Soupbone » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:23 am

SirScratchAlot wrote: Damn, you have Will Bradey Too? double bastard! another one of my favs I don;t have, he was a Great Trombone player that went on to be one of the most soight aftre studio musicians after the swing era....
You'll really hate me on this one: I paid $15 for the Will Bradley autograph and press photo! It came up on eBay, and no one else was bidding!

Sometimes ya get lucky. :)

SirScratchAlot

Re: Memorabilia

#20 Post by SirScratchAlot » Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:56 am

Soupbone wrote:
SirScratchAlot wrote: Damn, you have Will Bradey Too? double bastard! another one of my favs I don;t have, he was a Great Trombone player that went on to be one of the most soight aftre studio musicians after the swing era....
You'll really hate me on this one: I paid $15 for the Will Bradley autograph and press photo! It came up on eBay, and no one else was bidding!

Sometimes ya get lucky. :)
Yea, no shit! Well, I do have will's complete discography....hows that for weird...I can tell you every recording he was ever on.
\\\"Jazz Musicians have dance in them, and Jazz dancers have music in them, or Jazz doesn''''t happen.\\\" Sidney Bechet