Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Matthew

Three free downloads from emusic

#1 Post by Matthew » Wed May 09, 2007 9:49 am

PM me if you want them.

Matthew

#2 Post by Matthew » Thu May 10, 2007 5:51 am

I mean, I've got a code for three free downloads. I don't have specific songs. You can choose whichever songs you'd like. I can't use the code because emusic isn't compatible with my PC.

Free music, people! PM me if you want it.

JesseMiner

#3 Post by JesseMiner » Thu May 10, 2007 6:30 pm

2 questions:

1. You do know that any new user gets 25 free songs? And as a member, I usually have a hard time remember to use my 30 downloads as it is. That might be why you're not getting responses.

2. What about your PC makes it incompatible with emusic? I've never heard of this sort of problem before.

Jesse

lipi

#4 Post by lipi » Thu May 10, 2007 10:34 pm

it appears there are download clients for windows and mac os x, but not for any other operating system. if you run linux, freebsd, plan 9 (haha!), etc. you're out of luck.

(well, you can always run a virtual machine with windows on a linux box.)

Matthew

#5 Post by Matthew » Thu May 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Gone! Somebody from Yehoodi got it.

Jesse, I didn't know about the 25 free songs, but I'm pretty sure this was a special promo that did not require you to open an account. I had another code that got me to the point of downloading - without signing up to pay money.

If I remember correctly (it's been a while), the problem was that the downloads didn't play. I believe it was a file type that wasn't actually audio and/or that my PC didn't recognize. I fiddled with it quite a bit, but didn't get any music. I already had tons of music, so it wasn't a big deal.

For anybody interested in getting (hopefully) free downloads, the code was included with packages of HP paper. I think mine came from Office Depot.

JesseMiner

#6 Post by JesseMiner » Fri May 11, 2007 12:29 am

Matthew wrote:Gone! Somebody from Yehoodi got it.

Jesse, I didn't know about the 25 free songs, but I'm pretty sure this was a special promo that did not require you to open an account. I had another code that got me to the point of downloading - without signing up to pay money.
Yes, you do need to enter a credit card to get the 25 free songs, but as long as you cancel before the end of the trial period (2 weeks, I think?), you get to keep the songs and won't get charged. Or like me, you realize you dig the service and continue to pay $10/month. Not bad in my book for 30 songs. Just another way for me to continue to discover new music.
Matthew wrote:If I remember correctly (it's been a while), the problem was that the downloads didn't play. I believe it was a file type that wasn't actually audio and/or that my PC didn't recognize. I fiddled with it quite a bit, but didn't get any music. I already had tons of music, so it wasn't a big deal.
Not sure what the situation was when you tried it (maybe Nate can comment as he's been a long-time subscriber), but currently the downloads are DRM-free high-quality run-of-the-mill mp3 files. That was the big selling point for me buying songs from their service.

Jesse

michael-t

#7 Post by michael-t » Mon May 14, 2007 10:31 pm

If you download Winamp you get 50 emusic downloads for free.

http://winamp.com/player/free.php

Not sure what happens if you already have an account...